I can't believe that it's already been a month since Asher was born. It has gone by so fast, but at the same time, some days have felt like an eternity! We are still getting the hang of being parents, but we love our little guy and are grateful to have him in our family. Here are a few things that I want to remember about Asher so far. . .
- At his 2 week appointment he was 8 lbs 5 oz (somewhere in the 40th percentile I think), 21.5 inches (somewhere in the 70th percentile) and his head circumference was 14 cm (30th percentile).
- He is still in newborn diapers, but he's had a couple of blowouts recently so I think we are going to be moving up to size 1 pretty soon.
- He only fit into NB sized clothes for the first couple of weeks. Some of our 0-3 month onsies are getting a little small too because he is so long.
- He slept in our room for about a week and then we kicked him out to the nursery because he kept grunting and moving around so much in his sleep!
- He does pretty well sleeping in his crib although some naps are hit and miss depending on what kind of mood he is in. He seems to want to be awake for long stretches after he gets up in the morning and then in the late afternoon before bedtime. We are borrowing a baby swing from a friend and he sleeps really well in there, like 3 hr stretches sometimes!
- Right now he eats about 4 oz every three hours.
- He loves sucking on his binkie. . . We are currently practicing putting him to sleep without it though because he wakes up if he loses it after he falls asleep. I have a love/hate relationship with the bink at the moment!
- He is still getting used to his carseat. He screams if the car isn't moving, but if we are out for long enough, he eventually falls asleep.
- He is a pretty content baby for the most part. He usually only cries if he's hungry or when he's being a pill and trying to fight falling asleep.
- So far his only nickname is "Ashy" which our nephew Drake calls him. Jared and I usually just call him "Son" or "Sonny Son" something along those lines. I'm sure my family will come up with a few more at some point, they nickname everyone!
- He grunts alot, but the past few days he's made some pretty cute cooing sounds.
- I think he is going to be long and lean like his daddy, but we've noticed that his arms and thighs have started getting a little more chunky. His cheeks are filling in a bit as well.
- He is currently sporting a pretty awesome old main hairline. He's lost the really fine hair around the crown of his head, but he's still rocking a pretty sweet mullet in the back!
- He likes to be held, but he's also content to just hang out by himself on a blanket. He loves moving around, we call it "wiggle work" time.
- He doesn't particularly like being swaddled. He'd prefer it if we left at least one arm out of it, but then he ends up jacking himself in the face so we are mean and wrap him tight like a burrito!
- He's got super long finger nails and has scratched himself several times already. I've cut his nails once, but I'm nervous to keep doing it because I don't want to cut his skin.
And now for the picture overload for my mom. . .