Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Recent Events

Well it's been a crazy past couple of weeks. We were up in Portland/Washington for Brandt's wedding, and this past weekend my mom came into town for my birthday and to help out Whit with Drake since she's in school this term. I've tried to be better about taking pictures, so here is some documentation of the events! By the way, there are quite a few pictures of my nephew on here. My mom, aunt and grandma have been complaining because my sister doesn't update her blog very often (she's busy with school) so I've decided to help them out and take some pics of him for them to look at.

Portland Temple where Crystal and Brandt got married

I love her dress, it was beautiful on her!

At the reception. . . Jared wasn't too happy that he had to wear a tux!

Jared's sisters Heidi and Mikell, our sister-in-law Sheena, then me!

With Jared's grandma, such a sweet lady!



On Memorial Day we decided to go on a hike
up to a cave, it was a pretty hike!

Models?? We've got potential!



The result of the road rash I got a couple weeks ago
it looks about 100 times better than it did at first!

With Meliss and Whit on my birthday

Don't be fooled by my sister. . . she uses fake tanner! :)
I'll be as tan as her one of these days,
it just has to warm up here in P-Town first!

Jared and Drake playing in the sandbox



We decided to go on a little walk with
Whit's dog Odie. Haha, Drake never looks at the camera!

Ha, with a little cake mustache!

I look old in this picture... I'm only 24 promise!

This was at Jared's senior BFA show project thinger up on campus at BYU. This is what he's been working on for the past month or so. It's a play off of ownership where people can take any of the objects in those boxes as long as they leave something of equal or greater value in return. It has been interesting to see what people leave. . . Jared orginially put in some pretty sweet stuff to be exchanged, but as the show has gone on the past week we've decided that alot people are pretty inconsiderate. Some people have been leaving trash, open bottles of Pepto Bismol, used cough syrup cups, nothing etc. Maybe its due to the fact that mostly college students are the ones exchanging objects, but seriously people, grow up! Anyway, so yesterday my mom, Whit and Drake came to see the show and there happened to be a Lightning McQueen car (that grammy put on the shelf) available for Drake to exchange for, he was pretty excited about it!


My birthday was really fun. We went to church in the morning and then had dinner up at Whit's that night, went on a walk, watched some basketball. Mikell was able to come over too which was cool! We are almost done with this spring term now, only one more week! This coming week I have to take my Master's Exam, the test of doom, that all 1st year grad students have to take, shoot me now. They give you a week to write 8 essay responses. Luckily its a pass/fail exam that doesn't have an affect on your grades, but I'm still not looking forward to it. Hope this is enough pics for everybody, I'm going to be MIA for the next couple of weeks, so peace out!

4 comments:

Cory and Lyndsey said...

Hope you had a good birthday! And I am so happy your leg really is looking 100 times better! Whoohoo!

Whitney and Chris said...

Thank you bare minerals! When all ya'll have melanoma and I don't, you'll' be wishing you fake tanned it up too!

Momma G. said...

Great pictures! Sounds like your birthday was sweet! Good luck on your Masters Exam! We'll be thinking of you! Jared, so lame that people are cheap!!!

K-Rae said...

Thanks for sharing all the fun pics. It looks like you had a fun trip. Good luck with the essays and all girl!