Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Star Wars

Haha, I still can't get over how hilarious my students are! Yesterday Mr. Olsen was getting ready to teach the kids a new concept, but one that built on what they had done the day before and he wanted to encourage the kids that they could take on these more challenging problems. Now Mr. Olsen is kind of a funny guy and his favorite thing to do is make stories apply to his lessons in any way he can. Well he decided to use a Star Wars theme yesterday. . . . little did he know that he had one very big Star Wars Junkie in class! So he proceeds to remind everyone how Luke crashed his ship into the pond when he was going to find Yoda. . . and as part of his training, Yoda makes Luke raise it out of the water. Well I knew we were in for some real entertainment when our Star Wars Junkie says:

"The ship was called the X-Wing"

Mr. Olsen goes on to mention how Luke wasn't able to raise it out of the water at first because it was too big for him and then asks the class:

"Does anybody remember what Yoda told Luke?"

Star Wars Junkie replies in a very Yoda like impression:

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you?"

LOL I was sitting in the back of the room and I straight up started busting up laughing, I couldn't help it. . . it was just too priceless! I wish I had a voice recording, it was so hilarious! Throughout the rest of the lesson everybody kept answering in Yoda fashion like "25 the answer it is" and such haha. To top the period off, Star Wars Junkie leaves class with a "May the force be with you Mr. Olsen!" bahaha, I love middle school!

1 comment:

The Bourne Family said...

Oh my gosh, I am dieing laughing over your middle school posts! I told you that they are the cutest, craziest, and most hysterical students. I am glad to see that you are loving middle school. Keep your stories coming!